Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Introductions

Hi my name is Fiona Bateman.

I started this blog because I enjoy collecting dollhouse miniatures.

I was also able to turn my hobby into a business when I had to leave my full time job to look after my young family. I enjoy working now!

I have several dollhouses, an antiques shop, a general store and a victorian house nearly built.

I try and make as many of the miniatures as I can. I like working with new mediums when possible. Lately I have been making miniature bears out of chenille sticks (pipe cleaners). They are great fun to make.

I have an online store which I have recently started. I designed and built the website myself which involved quite a steep learning curve, because I knew nothing about the subject.

I don't think I did a bad job!

Check it out at http://www.fionasminiatureworkshop.co.uk

How about you? What sort of miniatures do you collect?
Tell us about your collection.
If you have a miniatures business then feel free to promote it here.

Bye for now

No comments: