Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Recent work

Well this blog has been somewhat neglected of late, so I thought I would show you some of my recent creations.

I recently bought some metal filigree findings when I bought a harp for the lamp. I was rather pleased that this little pedestal jar turned out just as I had envisioned. This is available to purchase at http://www.cdhm.org/user/fmw

This gorgeous lamp is made from Laburnum wood and Red Swirl Acrylic. It works and has a replaceable candle bulb. Available on ebay http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/fmw1969 until the 13th June.

I have also been experimenting with chinese/japanese lacquerware effect turnings and this is one of them. Available through my CDHM Gallery http://www.cdhm.org/user/fmw


With summer nearly here, I decided to make this BBQ. I love the way the charcoal looks, although you probably can't see it very clearly in this photo.


Now I often get asked for 24th scale items so I have been making up some of my packaging in 24th & 48th scale. I think I will offer 24th scale from now on but as for the 48th, I think it is far too fiddly to be viable!


I have had my little boy at home ill the last couple of days. So I haven't been able to get into my workshop. To keep me busy I had a chocolate box making frenzy!!! I bought the papers from ebay. They are Laura Ashley designs and a few of them are even flocked. Perfect!!

Well I think that's it for now. I will be back soon with some more of my miniature creations.





No comments: